Hollaback! is not just an app and a map, it’s a movement. And we need you.
Only got five minutes? Here’s what you can do to help:
- Hollaback! (duh).
- Share the love. The more people out there that know we exist, the quicker street harassment will end. Invite your facebook friends to our facebook page, give @hollabackatl a shout-out on your twitter feed, or go old-skool and just shoot an email out to all your besties to tell them about Hollaback!
- Be the Hollaback! Posterchild. Take a picture of you holla’ing back and send it to us! We’ll post it on our facebook page. This action helps people understand that people from all ages and backgrounds support our movement.
Got a little more time?
- Everyday is a HOLLAday. So much of what we do is about getting the word out. Spread the HOLLAlove around at your next get-together!
- Give your birthday to the future. It’s a shame that starting a revolution isn’t free, but it’s the truth. Instead of gifts, ask for donations to Hollaback! this year.
- Be a star. Send us a video of you telling your street harassment story. For inspiration, see our YouTube page.
- Provide data. Part of the problem with street harassment is that it’s invisible. Change the game by pulling together a study of street harassment using an online survey tool, like SurveyMonkey, in your town. We’ll publish the results.
- Guest blogging. Got a smart, sassy opinion about street harassment? Let it be heard! Email us your blog post and we’ll post it on the site.
Got a lot more time?
- Launch a Hollaback! in your town.
- Blogging: We need regular bloggers to share your experiences with street harassment and related subjects from the news and media that are happening on an ongoing basis. Feel free to be creative in how you share your thoughts, be it in a youtube video, a creative poem, or just a quick and simple blog post.
- Promotions (Online and Street Team): We need Atlanta peeps to let folks know about HollabackAtlanta, our events and our resources. Reach out to us and help us stencil, design posters, table at events, write press releases, and help make us an integral part of the Atlanta community.
- Bring your tech-savvy to the party. We are currently looking for developers who can enhance our website, improve our MySql database, do iPhone app upgrades, and more. Got tech skills? We need you.
- Collaborators: We need community organizations and government agencies who are equally invested in battling street harassment and hate violence to partner up for educational trainings, panels, and action events around Atlanta. Know of a group that we should connect with? Let us know via e-mail at email@example.com.
- Got any other kinds of skills? We need you. We are entirely volunteer run and need all the help we can get. Event planners, artists, graphic designers, DJs and VJs, grantwriters, we need you one and all.